Monday, November 23, 2009

Turkey Time

It's not Thanksgiving yet but to properly prepare for my turkey it's time to start mixing up the brine.

Here's my grocery list:
  • apple cider
  • kosher salt
  • sugar
  • fresh ginger
  • black pepper
  • all spice
  • cloves
  • bay leaves

While at the store, I noticed that they're selling Egg Nog. Feels a little early for nog but I've got some Jameson's at home so why not?



Start the mixing:



Step 1 - Jameson's and Egg Nog in the shaker. Serve over ice with a bit of nutmeg. Looks like my wife already has a cup of tea but the nog shouldn't be a hard sell.



Step 2 - Get all the other ingredients going on the stove long enough to let the sugar and salt dissolve and make the house smell like Thanksgiving.



The brine will have plenty of time to cool. Picking up the turkey from Maple Lawn Farms tomorrow.

1 comment: